If you want to use your smarts, exceptional communication skills, and outstanding attention to detail for good… Spoke needs you!
We are seeking an experienced project associate to help conceive and roll out traditional and digital communications strategies. Our ideal candidate will feel comfortable multi-tasking, be proactive and enjoy taking on new challenges in a creative environment.
Please only apply if you are a media, digital, and social good geek. Loving our work and our clients is what makes Spoke great at what we do.
You will be expected to comfortably communicate with all levels of staff, vendors, freelancers, and clients, in-person, through email and via video meetings.
Ready to help Spoke’s clients change the world?
A Spoke Project Associate is responsible for assisting our clients with various media, digital, and research activities. Essential responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Drafting collateral including press materials, social media posts, blog posts, email marketing, and website copy
- Coordinating with clients and other Spokies to gather input, implement changes, and finalize items for distribution
- Using online metrics tools to report on statistics for websites, social media sites, email campaigns and online advertising
- Basic website maintenance and content/visual updates
- Video conference hosting and multimedia development in coordination with other team members (Virtual Discussions, Podcasts, Video Materials)
- Conducting research on client issues, campaigns, and organizations
- Monitoring news media coverage and social media and analyzing results
- Developing presentations and designing materials using a number of digital tools, such as PowerPoint, Keynote, and Photoshop
- Copywriting and editing
- Participating in client meetings and taking notes
- Sharing cool finds about media, good causes, and new tools that can help improve our work
Skills + Experience:
- 1-3 years of communications experience is required.
- Stellar writing skills – expert level understanding and use of style, conventions and grammar as well as the ability to identify, understand, and comfortably write for varied audiences across a range of organizational perspectives, and subfields in the social sector.
- Professional confidence and humility — great at asking questions when needed, but entirely capable of identifying goals, mapping out the right steps to achieving success, and executing independently.
- Flexibility — happy and productive working in an open office without walls and sound barriers.
- Proficiency with major social media tools, online communications resources (Google Apps, Basecamp, MailChimp, Harvest, Trendkite, etc.) and with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT).
- Mac-o-Philes only please.
After Probation Period: Health Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Time, Gym Membership
Hours + Compensation:
This is a full-time position. Pay range $45k – $52k with full benefits after a standard three-month probation period.
Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com with “Your Name-Project Associate” in the subject line.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Women, people of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Spoke Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.